Sunday, November 23, 2014


ph. Emma McVicar

If you've got it, flaunt it.

This cape fell into my hands and the day became beautiful. How should I pair it? Whimsical or bossy-chic? Definitely the latter, so slide on the cigarette pants, loose white shirt. Side pin the hair, and a bold black liner. Embellished black booties. Pout. for. days. 

Sure, it's not the most conventional of outwear, but it's effective at making a statement. Plus the satisfying swish of the cape is extremely empowering

Walk down the streets, and you feel like a revived Victorian. Quick, grab a pen, do a dance, be artsy. In fact, during my cape-daze I became a playwright. 

act 1 by Steffanee Wang
in those silly fantasies i have in my head, you’re sleeping next to me and my eyes flutter open. flutter because our eyelids are synonymous with the quiet beating of butterfly wings. but my eyes flutter open and you’re humming, vibrating, close to me. a warm cocoon. i smile. lean down, and pick up my laptop. or maybe a notebook. which one makes me look artsy-er. you’d think i was living a life of visual art. paying attention to what others will pay attention to. but my fingers are nimble—dancing over the keyboard, notebook, whatever, quick to catch this silent moment of togetherness. 
dance because the tips are my nails are ballerinas. i am dainty. so all of my limbs dance. stomp? never stomp. never trudge, or slam, or crush. pound.
pounding heart, in my chest, i’m too overwhelmed to continue.
three things happen:
1. close laptop
2. lay back down.
3. fall in love.
-end act 1-


Then put the books away, take a few photos, and fly off into the wind like the beautiful, winged butterfly you are. 







Details: Cape: American Apparel, Top: Zara Bottoms: GAP Boots: F21



0 comments:

Post a Comment